Without the valuable support of dedicated volunteers, we would not be able to provide the range of services that we do. As a volunteer, you will be actively involved in contributing to improving the services to those who look to us for care. DjHS is continually welcoming and seeking new volunteers from our community. Our volunteers have a wide range of interests, backgrounds and skills and give their time willingly for many reasons.
- Enjoy helping people
- Have good communication skills
- Want to make new friends and learn new skills
- Compassionate, patient and responsible
- Make a commitment of a few hours each week
Not sure what kind of volunteer you should be? We have a number of ways you can become involved. Djerriwarrh Health Services offers the following programs in which you can become a volunteer. Click on the highlighted word to find out more.
To become a volunteer you will be required to:
- Attend an interview with the program co-ordinator,
- Complete a satisfactory police record. The police record check needs to be received prior to commencing duties as a volunteer. The cost of the police record check will be covered by the organisation.
- Attend an orientation session
- Complete the relevant paperwork
To become part of our team as a volunteer, or for further information, contact the Coordinator of the service you are interested in joining directly.
We look forward to hearing from you regarding volunteering at Djerriwarrh Health Services.