With over 90,306 total confirmed cases globally Djerriwarrh Health Services, along with other health services throughout Victoria, has been preparing for potential new cases of novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
Screening On Entry
DjHS will be performing temperature checks and asking screening questions to all staff, patients, visitors, couriers and contractors entering the building.
This added measure is to further protect our patients and staff and is in line with hospitals across Victoria.
We thank everyone for their patience and cooperation while these new screening measures are in place.
Visitor Information & Restrictions
These restrictions are as follows:
1 Support person per stay
No person over 65 years of age
That support person cannot leave the hospital grounds, but can leave the building
1 visitor per day 1 hour only
Visiting hours between 3pm - 7pm
A decision will be made after consultation with the DON, medical team and the family.
We know these restrictions can be challenging and we understand each family’s situation is different.
If you would like more information please visit the DHHS website.
Reducing The Risk Of COVID-19 Infection
- Keep a full arm-span (about 1.5 metres) between yourself and other people where possible
- Wash hands often with soap and running water, for at least 20 seconds. Dry with paper towel or hand dryer.
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Dispose of the tissue in the bin and wash your hands/use hand sanitiser.
- If you don’t have a tissue cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow.
- Continue healthy habits: don’t smoke, exercise, drink water, get plenty of sleep.
- Buy an alcohol-based hand sanitiser with over 60 per cent alcohol.
- Stay at home if you feel sick, and undertake physical distancing as outlined in the section below.
For more information on keeping safe, please stay up to date with the latest government information via the DHHS website.
Are you worried that you might have COVID 19?
We have three options that can help you stay safe (all with short waiting times):
- Drive Through
- Walk In
195-209 Barries Road,
Monday - Friday: 9am - 7pm
Weekends & Public Holidays: 9am - 12pm
Open 24hrs (seven days)
Next to the Urgent Care Unit
For more information, see our Fever Clinic Information Sheet.
Latest Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
As this is a rapidly changing situation, please visit the Department of Health and Human Services website for the latest updates, including advice on symptoms and precautions.