Adult Social Work
Description of Service
The Social Work Department work in many areas of Djerriwarrah Health Services.
Hospital Social Workers provide direct services to patients and their families/carers (including significant others) aiming to minimise the negative impacts of illness and hospitalisation. A social worker’s role at Djerriwarrah Health is to enhance social and emotional functioning through targeted interventions and the mobilisation of services and supports.
We help you if you are a patient, family member or a carer and are going through change because of illness, a disability or getting older or due to some unexpected health concerns.
If you are from the community you can also speak with us about your needs.
We can help you with
- Support for patients and their family in navigating the system
- Options of going to an aged care home-MAC referral and follow up
- Support to return to the family home after a stay in hospital-link you with right services
- Carer support, in relation to self-care, health and wellbeing
- Group work and support programs including psycho-education
A Social Worker can help you with contacting the right people for
- Financial concerns
- Powers of Attorney
- Medical Treatment Decision Making
- My Aged Care
- Counselling needs.
- Grief and loss
- Melton Health and Community Services (Yellow Building)
- Melton Health and Community Services (Green Building)
- Bacchus Marsh Community Health Centre
- Caroline Springs Community Health Centre
How do I get an appointment:
If you are over the age of 65 (50 for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders) please contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422.
You may have a GP referral to access this service or contact 9747 7609 to arrange a self-referral.
For Further information, please call the Referral and Appointment Service on 03 9747 7609.